Case Study: Tobacco Cessation Program
- In 2009, 20.6% of adults age 18 or older smoked
- Tobacco is estimated to cause more than 400,000 deaths in the U.S. annually
- Tobacco use costs more than $193 billion each year:
- $96 billion in healthcare expenditures
- $97 billion in lost productivity
- An additional $10 billion a year is spent on the costs from second-hand smoke
- Smokers cost employers an estimated $1,300 more per year than non-smokers in direct healthcare costs
Source: Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
Tobacco use is the leading cause of preventable death in the United States. It also adds billions of dollars to the corporate bottom line. If you want your wellness program to make measurable improvements in employee health and reduce your healthcare costs, you need to implement a tobacco cessation program.
EngagementHealth® offers a state-of-the-art tobacco cessation program, developed in partnership with the American Lung Association. Our intensive, year-long program delivers astounding results – 68% of all members participating in the program remain smoke free after 12 months compared to 28% nationally.
What makes our tobacco cessation program so effective? Our program participants receive:
- Weekly biometric touchpoints for a full 52 week period
- Nicotine replacement therapy along with a tobacco workbook and relaxation CD
- A minimum of eight one-on-one tobacco addiction counseling sessions
- Quarterly calls with health counselors
- Access to a tobacco hotline for support throughout the year
Industry 12-month Quit Rate Compared to EngagementHealth
Call us for